- Policy Introduction
- This policy covers how JIC treats personal information that it collects and receives, including information related to your past use of JIC and its services. Personal information means information about you which personally identifies you, like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and which is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that JIC does not own or control, or to people that JIC does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- JIC collects personal information when you register with JIC subscribe member, when you sign up to subscribe to JIC's newsletters and when you enter the promotions. JIC may combine information about you with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- The voluntary information visitors provide through online surveys and/or site registrations may be stored, analyzed, and used for marketing purposes and to improve the way we do business with our current and potential customers and readers. In any event, all customer information collected by JIC will be treated with the utmost care and will not be divulged to anyone under any circumstances.
- When you register we may ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. Once you register with JIC and sign in to our services, you are no longer anonymous to us.
- JIC may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, JIC cookie information, and the page(s) you request.
- JIC uses customer information for the following general purposes: i) to customize the advertising and content you see, ii) to fulfill your requests for products and services, iii) to improve our services, iv) to contact you, v) to conduct research, and vi) to provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Unless stated otherwise, JIC does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested or under the following circumstances:
- We may provide information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with JIC under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help JIC communicate to you offers from JIC and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- Where we are required by law, such as in a criminal or civil investigation or other legal proceedings, to divulge such information to the authorities.
- JIC may set and access JIC cookies on your computer.
Your Ability to Change Your Account Information
- You can edit your JIC Membership Information at any time.
- Users who visit this page can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the JIC service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and JIC newsletters, that are considered part of your JIC membership, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. To opt out, you must let us know that you want to be removed from the system. You may do this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with governmental regulations to protect personal information about you.
- JIC may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your JIC account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
E-mail addresses commonly used by JIC to receive mail from customers and website visitors:
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
The postal address of Japan Inc Communications K.K. website publisher, is:
- Japan Inc Communications, Inc.
Minami Aoyama First Bldg. 10F
7-8-1 Minami Aoyama, Minato-ku
Tokyo 107-0062 Japan
The JIC Webmaster can be reached at: email@example.com, or by telephone in Japan, Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (JST) at +81-3-3499-2099.
JIC operates and maintains various websites, including but not limited to:
These websites comprise the Web presence of JIC, head office in Tokyo, Japan.